Few cities evoke the same level of sentiment as the City of Light, the City of Love, Gay Paree. The iconography runs deep: baguettes; paint palettes; breton shirts and berets; supercilious waiters in white aprons. Most of Paris’s charms are so obvious that it hardly requires a guide to find them; the problem is how to create an itinerary in the face of its array of museums, dining spots, historical sites and independent boutiques.
- First impressions: Whether you’re asking for a croissant or directions, don’t just launch straight into your request: it’s considered wildly impolite.
- Banking on it: Paris’s Left and Right banks are not simply demarcated by geography: they represent different lifestyles. The Left is all art galleries and upscale cafés, the Right is more varied.
- In vino veritas: Wine is the tipple of choice in Paris – in many bars and restaurants it’s cheaper than a soft drink. French people are partial to meeting for an apéro (a drink and a bite to eat) between 18.00 and 20.00.
- Do your homework: Always look online or call ahead to check that the venue you want to visit is open. Most Parisian restaurants open five or six days a week but figuring out which do when is the rub.
- Pick of the bunch: Paris’s pickpockets are predatory with tourists. Be particularly wary of young children bearing clipboards: it’s a distraction technique.
Brick & Mortar Policy
New and unworn/unused items purchased at the Moniker General Brick & Mortar location are eligible for exchange or store credit only. All items must be noticeably unused and all original tags must be attached. The Moniker General team must be notified within 7 DAYS of the purchase. Bikes, surfboards, and plants are ineligible for return, exchange, or store credit. We reserve the right to refuse any exchange or store credit for any reason.
Online Domestic Policy
New and unworn/unused items purchased online domestically are eligible for a full refund, exchange or store credit. The Moniker General team must be notified within 7 days of the delivery in order to receive a return authorization number and all original tags must be attached. All shipping costs are paid by the customer, unless, the item has been damaged before or during delivery or there there has been some other mistake by our account. We cannot and will not take responsibility for items returned to us without us being notified first and/or items that are returned with a shipping alternative where you can not trace the package.