This compact and environmentally conscious city of 1.2 million people has a bountiful urban environment: miles of harbourfront promenades, lush parks and a striking blend of contemporary and historic architecture. It’s also the birthplace of New Nordic cuisine and Danish Modern design, and the quality of the food, drink and shopping upholds these legacies.
- Feeling good: There’s one Danish term you’re guaranteed to hear during your stay: 'hygge' (pronounced hu-gar). The word most often used by way of explanation is “cosy”.
- The ride stuff: As you’d expect in the hometown of lauded urbanist Jan Gehl, Copenhagen is a cyclist’s paradise. Hire a ride from a bike shop rather than sticking out like a tourist on a clunky (though admittedly user-friendly) Bycyklen bike.
- Polite society: When greeting a group of Danes shake hands with all parties (even children), starting with the women. Punctuality is paramount and bring a small gift if invited to a Danish home for a meal.
- Time to head out: Many visitors are caught out by early dining times in Copenhagen; peak reservation time is 18.30 to 19.30 and people are usually wobbling home on their bicycles by 21.00 or 22.00.
- A little something extra: Hospitality staff earn decent pay so there’s no need to tip. If you insist, 10 per cent of the bill is fine.
Brick & Mortar Policy
New and unworn/unused items purchased at the Moniker General Brick & Mortar location are eligible for exchange or store credit only. All items must be noticeably unused and all original tags must be attached. The Moniker General team must be notified within 7 DAYS of the purchase. Bikes, surfboards, and plants are ineligible for return, exchange, or store credit. We reserve the right to refuse any exchange or store credit for any reason.
Online Domestic Policy
New and unworn/unused items purchased online domestically are eligible for a full refund, exchange or store credit. The Moniker General team must be notified within 7 days of the delivery in order to receive a return authorization number and all original tags must be attached. All shipping costs are paid by the customer, unless, the item has been damaged before or during delivery or there there has been some other mistake by our account. We cannot and will not take responsibility for items returned to us without us being notified first and/or items that are returned with a shipping alternative where you can not trace the package.